Today we are looking at how to import your existing membership data into Memberz.Org to be able to kick start your membership management with the platform.
Checking for Bulk Import Permissions
To bulk import your membership, you need to ensure you have the Bulk Import option enabled for your role in the organisation. To do this, you’ll need to have an account with Admin Access privileges enabled. Then:
- Go to your Organisation Settings section.
- Choose Roles & Permissions to see existing roles
- Select the role you would like to edit. Once the data loads on the right, click the “Edit” button to enable editing of the fields
- Ensure the “Bulk Imports” option is selected under the Members menu
- Scroll down and ensure all other needed options are enabled for your role
- Choose “Save Changes” to enable the functionality.
Formatting Your Data For Import
If you have permission to import data into your organisation, then go to the Members -> Bulk Import section to get started.
Once on the Bulk Imports page, you will need to download the import template and fill it with data. This is a Microsoft Excel Document so you must have a recent version of Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar software to edit the file.
Once opened, study the content of the document to see the formating of data needed for the various fields.
Please ensure to keep the formating the same to guarantee the import process completes successfully.
Importing Your Data
Once you are done with updating the template with the data you need to import, simply choose the “Upload and Import” option from the Bulk Imports page. This will open up a modal dialog.
Here you will be required to:
- Choose your import template file
- Specify the Membership Category you will want to import the membership data into
- You can specify that a new membership category should be created for this data
- Click the import button to complete the process.
Once done, this will “Schedule” your data import and add it to the processing queue. In a few minutes your data will be processed and you will receive an email and system notification with the following information:
- Process Completion Status
- No. Members Imported – This is the number of new memberships which were added to the platform
- No. Members Linked – This is the number of members who already exist on Memberz.Org and who’s basic membership information have been linked with your organization.
- No. Members Existing – This is the number of members who already exist in your organization so were not imported or linked.
Once the import process completes, you can visit the Bulk Imports section to see which members were imported, linked or were already Existing in your organization.
Once satisfied, you can start a new import process or go to your Member Profiles section to continue editing the membership information, moving them to new categories or linking them to Groups, and much more.